Saturday, July 21, 2012

A sunny aloha from...

...Władysławowo :)

I know, I know... I should be greeting you like this from Hawaii, not from Władysławowo :) But you know what? I love this place!


We have come here today and... Oh man! How I missed the Polish Baltic sea! Last time I was here was a few years ago as we thought we needed a break from the sea and went to Slovakia to explore the High Tatras :) Now, I know that I love the sea more!

Just for those who have never been to either Władysławowo or Poland... Władysławowo is beautifully situated by the gorgeous Baltic Sea in Pomeranian Voivodship. It has a small sea port and is really popular with tourists!


View Larger Map

It's really a great place to be not only for its magnificent location but also for its great atmosphere, great beaches, good fish and lots of entertainment. Even those stalls with often "Made in China" trinkets add to the place's charm.
 
So... if you are still thinking of a nice place to go in Poland, come to Władysławowo. It's been my third time here and I think that out of many places I have already visited on the Polish seaside Władysławowo has something that makes me come here again and again :)

Why am I recommending the Polish sea? The reasons are many... Don't you like walking across the noisy stones of a harbor, jogging along the beach in brisk morning air, taking photos across the coast? Isn't it lovely to leisurely walk and admire the sun-set with nothing but contentment in your mind? Wow! The sound of those waves crashing against the stones... The wind that seems to be taking all your worries away... You feel like in paradise... 
Now... there is nothing more I can do but leave you with this wonderful poem by Wordsworth (1770-1850):

By the Sea...
IT is a beauteous evening, calm and free;
The holy time is quiet as a nun
Breathless with adoration; the broad sun
Is sinking down in its tranquility;
The gentleness of heaven is on the Sea:
Listen! the mighty being is awake,
And doth with his eternal motion make
A sound like thunder—everlastingly.
Dear child! dear girl! that walkest with me here,
If thou appear untouch’d by solemn thought
Thy nature is not therefore less divine:
Thou liest in Abraham’s bosom all the year,
And worship’st at the Temple’s inner shrine,
God being with thee when we know it not.

My question to you:
Which holiday destinations would you recommend and why? 

17 comments:

  1. wow, amazing summer holidays! :) On our honeymoon we were in Stegna. We went also to Krynica, Gdańsk, Grunwald to see the battle but the most impressive place near the sea was Piaski. Families of boars on the street and empty, beautiful beach. The beach in Stegna was very crowded. It was incredibly difficult not to touch other people. I was also in Świnoujście and I have so many memories from there... First boyfriend, first party with my friends... :)

    Although I really love our Polish sea, as a holiday destination I would choose Mazury. There is so much to explore and there is water. I love swimming :)

    Am I the only person who reads this blog? :) Everybody has got holidays except for me :) Have a nice stay at the seaside! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks justadreamer. You have explored our seaside well then :) Honeymoon in Stegna... hmmm... romantic :) I was once interested in visiting Piaski... I have heard some positive reviews of this remote place. I also experienced families of wild-boars... once even face to face, which really made my hair stand on end... Some time ago I would probably say that only going abroad could give you full holiday satisfaction... Now, when I am a bit older, I do appreciate what our beautiful country has to offer. As for your concern that you might be the only person who is reading this blog I would say that it's not true. I you see there are well over 25 thousand visits to this blog and I do hope that people come here to read something. However, they may be too scared or as timid as rabbits to leave some comment in English, which is a pity. Therefore, I am thinking of producing some posts in Polish too. Do you think it is a good idea?

      Delete
    2. Poland is a beautiful country! So much to see, to explore. I'm really amazed that people go abroad because they say "Poland is boring"... However, I saw some other European countries and... Poland is the best :)

      I think your idea is a good one :) However, I started using English online. That was when I was in gimnazjum. I chatted online. And it really helped me to break the ice and use the language in practice. I understood what the language is for. And that this is not only a school subject, but also a tool which helps me meeting with people. What's more, when I started using English online I understood why I was learning boring grammar...

      Delete
    3. I'll think of a few posts in Polish then. We'll see whether people will pluck up some courage to add their comments. In fact I am surprised that people are not willing to write in English. This is one of the best ways to learn the language... interacting with others, expressing opinions, etc. really stimulates your brain and you then feel forced to look words up and learn through writing. Besides, I try to give new words here in interesting, and often in serious and life-related contexts. I think the problems I tackle should provoke people's opinions. Anyhow, I am still extremely happy to be writing this blog for it's sheer pleasure for me to study so many various words and phrases and to be able to share them with my readers here even if they are afraid to leave their comments :)

      Delete
    4. Maybe you are scary. They aren't afraid of writing. But they are afraid of YOU! :))

      Delete
    5. Me? Scary? Please! How? Those who truly know me would never say I am scary...

      Delete
    6. ...or maybe not scary but unapproachable...? Or they are afraid of pointing out their mistakes?

      Delete
    7. Hmmmm... Unapproachable... LOL :)

      Delete
  2. Well, I would recommend holidays in Spain. Amazing country where you can meet very friendly people, enjoy a sunny weather and savour a delicious food and wine. I have been to Spain twice and I had the best holidays ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michał! It's good to hear from you again. Why don't you write more? I've just heard in the news that Spain is fighting terrible fires out there. It's really harrowing. You're probably right to recommend Spain. I have never been to Spain, but I will take into account your suggestion. Which area would you say is really worth visiting there? Why?

      Delete
  3. First time I visited Spain in 2009. We went to one of the most beautiful cities in the Europe which is Barcelona. Magnificent place where you can admire Antoni Guadi`s works,visit numerous exhibitions and museums or just relax and enjoy one of the best beaches in the world.If you are football fan you can also see a famous FC Barcelona stadium.There are hundreds of other things to see and do but I would need at least a month holidays to explore entire city.
    Second time we went to Spain last year. We chose south of Spain, Costa del Sol coast.Perfect place for couples like me and my girlfriend.She likes to lay on the beach and I prefer to spend more active time, for example sightseeing.Everyone definitely will find something to do. Malaga, Marbella or Gibraltar these are places which I highly recommended.To describe them I would need few pages;)I hope that one day I will return to Spain and visit Madrid and Seville.
    If someone is looking for exotic holidays doesn`t have to go far away. Spain is in just few hours from Poland by plane and can be as good as expensive holidays in Africa or Asia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say your description is quite persuasive. I will consider going to Spain... maybe even Costa del Sol? I guess traveling from England was cheaper for you than if I had to set off from Poland... BTW, how much did you pay for your hotel there? Did you eat or drink anything regional there? A friend of mine has recently come back from Portugal and was telling me about his tour round the country, and he mentioned Gibraltar too. He was very satisfied with his exploration of Portugal.

      Delete
  4. Yes,you are right. Travelling from England is cheaper for me. Last year I found a very good offer, flight and accommodation in four star hotel (half board) for 300 pounds per person.

    Spanish cuisine consists of a variety of dishes,mainly based on seafood and it is very healthy.One of my favourite dish is the paella and beverage the sangria( wine punch).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Sounds like you're a VIP traveler :) I've heard of paella, I have never tasted this though... And I think I have tasted Sangria as it was (and probably still is) quite popular in Poland. What is your next destination then? Will it be Spain again?

      Delete
  5. There are so many places where I would like to go, just need to win on the lottery:)but in September I am going to Poland;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see. Which part of Poland will you be visiting? Wasn't that in England when someone won so much money in UK Lottery?

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...