Of course, I can't say that I am
AS WHITE AS A SHEET
... but I can say I should be careful when I go out in the sun. Anyhow, this beautiful simile means being very pale, ashen, pallid, wan; in Polish we also have a similar expression and it is 'biały jak ściana'.
A few examples from the Internet:
- One of my friends was as white as a sheet when she came across...
- I looked at Suzanne who was as white as a sheet.
- I spoke to some of the workers that recovered him and his bike after the race. Apparently he was as white as a sheet.
- I don't know if I screamed, but I know I was as white as a sheet with tears starting to...
- She ran in to me and said I was as white as a sheet and immediately took my blood pressure.
- Lucy a story but her daughter was lethargic, her temperature was warmer than normal, and she was as white as a sheet.
So remember not to attempt to get exposed to the Sun for prolonged periods of time. Be extra careful when you take a plunge in the water because the skin may get badly burnt and you won't even be able to notice any warning signs. You should stay in when the Sun is at its hottest, that is from ten in the morning to three in the afternoon. And remember to stay under a shade and provide extra protection to your skin especially when your complexion is as white as a sheet :)
My question to you:
What is your complexion? Have you ever had problems with sunbathing?