Tuesday, June 19, 2012

words that begin with ex - exacerbate

Another EX- word today! Let's look at the amazing word

EXACERBATE

What is it? Well, Polish translates it as pogarszać, rozdrażniać, rozjątrzać. In English we could define this word as to worsen, to intensify, to aggravate...


Let's take a look at a few examples from the Net:
  • Callaghan retorted that the US Government was only exacerbating the situation by insisting the British maintain so substantial an overseas defence presence.
  • If the government cuts more jobs this will only exacerbate the deficit crisis
  • Of course, the business was only exacerbating issues simply by...
  • Goldman Sachs will only exacerbate its problems by complaining.
  • The company was only exacerbating matters through suing the girl.
  • Kareem's concern that a statue hadn't been resurrected in his honor was only exacerbating the issue, rubbing salt into the wound.
  • However, he was only exacerbating what the British and Italians had already started.
  • That will lead to a devastating hyperinflation that will only exacerbate the political dynamic.          
My question to you:
Will Smuda's resignation only exacerbate the already difficult situation in Polish football?

Looking forward to your posts impatiently!   

13 comments:

  1. Smuda go home! We need a trainer who won't leave our team after loosing even an important match. The same at school: it's not ok when students have 3 or 4 different teachers during 3-year learning. The best effect is when they work with one good teacher. It seems that Smuda has been a selector for a merely 2,5 year?! And I don't think our team is weak... Maybe just too weak for Euro or World Cup. But, I really believe, it can change...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks justadreamer! Thank you for this pitch-school comparison. It's true that frequent coach changes lead nowhere... Maybe, we should invest in a really professional coach from Brazil and let him prepare our players for, say, 15 years?

      Delete
  2. But I realize I'm not an expert in a matter of football so I may be wrong... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not an expert either, but perhaps there should be a different coach.

      Delete
  3. We need someone better. I sow on Onet.pl that our new trainer will be Diego Maradona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Diego would be ok, but isn't he already taken by some team?

      Delete
  4. Since I am this well-known expert with a Ph.D. in football studies I can tell you the ball is one and the goals are two.

    When it comes to me I would give it a shot and dissolve PZPN. Whenever I hear about any of its members, the news is always bad. Perhaps new people would prevent the sutiation to exacerbate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Expert! Actually you have really hit the nail on the head here! The Polish Football Federation (PZPN) should not last even a day longer, especially under the present president... So I agree with you 100 per cent! PZPN should be dissolved or if not... at least the president along with all members should be changed...

      Delete
  5. Hey guys, let me recommend you a blog with advanced English vocab: noboringwords.blogspot.com. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi elbatrofmoc! It's nice you have come here. You know I could have deleted this post here as it is not related to the topic here and constitutes spam. Anyhow, be invited to join my blog and be a valuable regular to-the-point post leaver :)

      Delete
  6. I think elbatrofmoc it isn't a site created for reccomending other blogs... I'm not an admin but I you should do this on a special site created for this.

    ReplyDelete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...