What is it? Well, Polish translates it as pogarszać, rozdrażniać, rozjątrzać. In English we could define this word as to worsen, to intensify, to aggravate...
Let's take a look at a few examples from the Net:
- Callaghan retorted that the US Government was only exacerbating the situation by insisting the British maintain so substantial an overseas defence presence.
- If the government cuts more jobs this will only exacerbate the deficit crisis
- Of course, the business was only exacerbating issues simply by...
- Goldman Sachs will only exacerbate its problems by complaining.
- The company was only exacerbating matters through suing the girl.
- Kareem's concern that a statue hadn't been resurrected in his honor was only exacerbating the issue, rubbing salt into the wound.
- However, he was only exacerbating what the British and Italians had already started.
- That will lead to a devastating hyperinflation that will only exacerbate the political dynamic.
Looking forward to your posts impatiently!