Thursday, June 7, 2012

PARTS OF THE BODY IDIOMS: STOMACH

Hello! Let's talk about STOMACH (żołądek)... To put it simply, a stomach is an organ which digests food...

The idiom I want to present today is:

NOT TO HAVE THE STOMACH FOR STH

The idiom means not to feel brave or determined enough to do something unpleasant, in Polish nie mieć wystarczająco dużo odwagi, by coś zrobić; nie mieć tzw. żelaznych nerwów

A few words about myself in this context :)
With age I feel that I have less and less stomach for things I used to do when I was a bit younger :) Would I have the stomach today for going on a roller-coaster (amusement ride in which small cars move quickly on tracks that curve and dip sharply), which is what I did a few years ago in Disneyland, Paris. The experience was just amazing, but in order to survive a ride like this you really need to have the stomach for it :)  

http://tinyurl.com/cr2ggy4

Let's take a look at a bunch of examples from the Net:
  • I have no stomach for arguments...
  • I have no stomach for a fight today...
  • I said "go down", but she didn't have the stomach for it...
  • Q: Why didn't the skeleton eat the cafeteria food? A: Because he didn't have the stomach for it! :)
  • We didn't have the stomach for the last round...
  • It would have been easy to think that we didn't have the stomach for another war...             

My question to you:
Give an example of a feat you performed some day because you had the stomach for it.  


Looking forward to you posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...