Sunday, June 3, 2012

PARTS OF THE BODY IDIOMS: HAND

And another body part idiom is coming today! This time the key word is HAND (part of the body at the end of the arm, dłoń).


And the idiom I have for you today is:

TO LEND SB A HAND

The idiom means to help, to give assistance, in Polish podać pomocną dłoń, pomóc

Let's take a look at a bunch of examples from the Net:
  • ... the times she lent me her hand and her shoulder to cry.
  • She lent me her hand and her patience...
  • Lend me a hand please, Mum...
  • Could you lend me a hand with this piano? I need to move it across the room.
  • If you feel inclined to lend me a hand by donating or joining in my training I would be most thankful.
  • If you can lend me a hand with these reports, we might finish earlier...        
My question to you:
When was the last time you lent someone a helping hand? How did you feel about it? Who is the person who always lends you their hand?  


Looking forward to you posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...