And the idiom I have for you today is:
The idiom means to help, to give assistance, in Polish podać pomocną dłoń, pomóc.
Let's take a look at a bunch of examples from the Net:
- ... the times she lent me her hand and her shoulder to cry.
- She lent me her hand and her patience...
- Lend me a hand please, Mum...
- Could you lend me a hand with this piano? I need to move it across the room.
- If you feel inclined to lend me a hand by donating or joining in my training I would be most thankful.
- If you can lend me a hand with these reports, we might finish earlier...
When was the last time you lent someone a helping hand? How did you feel about it? Who is the person who always lends you their hand?
Looking forward to you posts! :)