Let's take a look at the idiom I have for today:
And? Am I right to say that each of us has probably experienced other people's poking noses :)
A few words about myself in this context :)
I believe that it is inherently wrong to poke your nose into other people's businesses. I don't like when someone is too nosy (wścibski). At large, I don't mind talking to people about things but when I detect they are getting too close to the border of my privacy, then my mind tells me to either quit the conversation or to skillfully parry questions from such nosy-parkers. I think poking one's nose into other people's business is fine as long as you are driven by genuinely pure God's love and in accordance with what Paul once said :) "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"... and I agree with him :)
Let's take a look at a bunch of examples from the Net:
- Every time Mr. Nosey poked his nose into other people's business something very bad happened to nose... :)
- She poked her nose into the Olly Tweet affair too.
- He poked his nose into everything, gave advice where it wasn't wanted, and knew everybody's secrets before anyone else did.
- Susan Bates poked her nose into a new pub opening on the Danforth and...
- The assumption being that she had poked her nose into something which didn't agree with her and covering her up would stop her doing it...
- He has poked his nose into many issues, but his views on...
What are the most frequent issues people often poke their noses into? What is the profile of a person who loves poking his/her nose into other people's business?
Looking forward to you posts! :)