Friday, June 15, 2012

And here we go again! Let's just talk about "feet" for a while :) as my idiom for today is:


TO GET COLD FEET

Wow! The idiom sounds a bit macabre when you come to think of getting someone's cold feet, say... on a plate? :) Luckily... it's not that bad...    

The idiom refers to a situation when someone feels reluctance, fear or hesitation... In Polish we also have an idiomatic phrase for this (although no feet are mentioned here...), which is dostać stracha...

Let's take a look at a bunch of examples from the Net:
  • Then a couple of days later I get an email, asking if I've got cold feet, and do I want to try a pair of Ugg style boots and do a review on my blog...
  • Vince and Penny were about to get married when he got cold feet and left her waiting at...
  • But after a 10 day cooling off period, the authority got cold feet and pulled...
  • My husband and I obtained permanent residency shortly after getting married but I got cold feet and didn't want to leave the UK.
  • Alastair Wardrop got cold feet and refused to say anything about...
  • I guess he got cold feet and didn't want to show up.     
What's your say? 
When do you usually get cold feet? Why?   

Looking forward to you posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...