Dzisiejszy idiom, to:
So what happens when you pull a long face? Well, you just look worried or simply unhappy... In Polish we also have a nice idiom that perfectly matches the English one... We say zrobić kwaśną minę :)
A few examples from the Net:
- They pulled a long face when they were not selected in the national football team.
- Tom pulled a long face when he heard the story.
- He pulled a long face when I reprimanded him.
- He pulled a long face, and Mother didn't like it.
- Her parents served some warm and delicious fried noodles with green leafy vegetables on top. Jola, however, pulled a long face.
- Mark pulls a long face throughout the entire performance...
When was the last time you pulled a long face? What happened? Did you use to pull long faces when you were a kid? When?
Looking forward to you posts! :)