Saturday, March 24, 2012

Who are you at work? Find yourself...


We learn or work with different people. Have you ever thought about how others see you in your class or office? Who are you at school or at work? Are you one of the following types?


THE WORKAHOLIC
It is someone who works long hours and doesn’t seem to have a life outside the office.

THE PERFECTIONIST
It is someone who always wants to get a job exactly right, even though it may take an extremely long time.

THE WHIZ
It is someone who is very quick at solving problems, especially mechanical/technical/mathematical ones.

THE GOSSIP
It is someone who likes to tell stories and spread rumors about colleagues.

THE STIRRER
It is someone who likes to cause trouble for others.

THE PAPER SHUFFLER
It is someone who goes to great trouble to look busy but is probably not very productive.

THE TECHNO-FREAK
It is someone who has an unusual interest in the workings of office machinery, computers, etc.

THE SLAVE DRIVER
It is a manger/supervisor who makes inferiors work unnecessarily hard.

THE YES-MAN
It is someone (especially in middle management) who cannot say no to superiors and lacks the courage to challenge decisions/regulations.

Have you recognized yourself among these types? Have you recognized any of your friends? Write about weird behaviors of people you work with... Talk soon!

4 comments:

  1. I think I fall somewhere in the middle of all these. I don't consider myself to be the person who agrees to do all the work but when I was younger I was definitely more of a yes-man. I'm probably more of a workaholic than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see... Hmmm... It isn't good to be either a yes-man or a workaholic... In fact, many people find it difficult to be just genuinely themselves at work, school or even at home. I guess, there are many people nowadays who cannot strike the right balance between life and work. Besides, so many people escape into the world of work, gossiping, etc. Why is that so?

      Delete
  2. I guess I am a combination of the workaholic and the perfectionist though I can say that I definitely have a life outside work. I have a pretty good social life. I am focused on my work, but I know when to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most definitely the perfectionist. I've been getting better and watching myself, though! I've take so long to prepare, I've missed a few deadlines in my time. :(

    ReplyDelete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...