Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's the name of the game today?

The name of the game is that today it's my name day :) I think my name isn't very popular, at least in Poland, which surprises me a bit as it is a really beautiful name. However, Rafael is a very popular first name for men (#207 out of 1220) and also a very popular surname or last name for all people (#14785 out of 88799) (1990 U.S. Census). My name has at least seven variant forms: Rafe, Rafel, Rafello, Rafer, Raffaelo, Raffaello and my favorite Raphael (from Hebrew), and the meaning of my name is 'God has healed'. Since it is my name-day today, the key word is the word 'name' itself. One of my favorite phrases with the word is the name of the game, which means sedno sprawy. This is why entitled this post What's the name of the game today? I would love to hear about your own names... Do you like them? Why? Why not? Which names are getting popular these days in Poland and elsewhere? Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...